Search

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Music in games.

For a while in my gaming career I never noticed music and it didn't bother me. But as of late I've taken a liking to the music in many games like castle crashers, prototype, and a few other games. Most of the time music in games makes the setting, for instance in Call of Duty the music is mostly shots being fired and noises of warfare. Some games however Castle Crashers being my focus at the moment have excellent music, I'll find myself at times just stopping to listen to the soundtrack playing at the time. But I also find that music enhances the experience of the game like the music in prototype which enhances the intense feeling of the game.

Whilst relistening to music in many of my games I find that the music really complements the situation at hand, enhancing the feelings associated with whatever is going on. For instance while replaying the darkness I was running from the undead nazis and the music was a spine tingling tune and I was genuinely afraid of them catching up to me. My conclusion is that music in games really helps to make the game either a success or and utter failure and I'm sure everyone can agree with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOTY?

G.I.N Livestream