Search

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rabid's Rants- Gamestop

For those of you hailing from Sarcastic Gamer, you may see the title of this article and remember Sarcastic Gamer's feature, Rothbart's rants. Yes, I stole the name. Now shaddup.


My rant today is on Gamestop. If you're familiar with Gamestop's used game policy, you will probably understand my point of view here. So, when you buy a used game from Gamestop, if it war released, say, within the last 3 months, the used price is usually $55. $5 less than retail.

My problem with their system when you sell them a game. Say you sold them CoD: World at War today. They would be willing to pay $20-30 for it. Has it's value gone down at all since you played it? The game still works. It still has a case. The only reason I can think of for them to buy at such low prices are if the case, cover art, or manual is missing. And if any components are missing, I can't see them taking more than $10 off retail price. Yes, they need to make money to to sustain the company. But they don't need this much money. They're selling used games at a 200-275% markup from the price they bought the game at. But hey, they're the only store of their kind. So you have to buy and sell games there. So they can screw the consumer.

That is all.

1 comment:

GOTY?

G.I.N Livestream